India is a huge country and it is very diverse and beautiful. From the tropical south to the high mountains of the north and everything in between, India is a delight to visit and it is so very different from the west that it is a total education.
India has a rich cultural heritage from the maharajas to the long ties to Britain. There are so many palaces and monuments to visit as well as seeing the architecture which is one of a kind. Tourists are flocking to India from all over the world. The people believe that they should treat their guests like God so no wonder the service here is excellent. While in many places, English is a first or second language, there are different lndian languages and dialects.
There is so much to do and see in India. In the South the ocean beckons for a beautiful beach holiday and the island of Goa has long been a huge tropical tourist destination. On the other hand, there is the rich jungle areas where elephants and tigers are at home.
As a tourist, you will find hotels in all different price classes and of course the Indian cuisine is famous. All those exotic spices and flavors and the cuisine in the south is quite different from that of the north. If you want to experience a different kind of holiday, then India is the place. Here you can find all sorts of travel vacation deals.
Here are some reasons why you should visit India:
1. If you love wildlife there are many wildlife parks and sanctuaries to visit and even bird sanctuaries. From the rich fauna and flora of the jungles to the arid plains and mountains, there is a huge diversity of animals and plants.
2. India also offers many different packages for adventure tourism. Here you can indulge in river rafting, paragliding, camping and even mountaineering, hiking and climbing. In the areas of northern India such as Darjeeling (where there are tea plantations) and Rishikesh, you can also enjoy winter sports like skiing.
3. If you like the beach and water sports, visit the beaches along the coast of southern India, for example. Here you can truly have a great relaxing holiday or even go scuba diving in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean.
4. If architecture is your thing, India will not disappoint. There are so many different temples and sculptures to see. For example the temples in Konark and Khajuraho and there are ancient paintings to see in Ajanta and Ellora. Of course many visitors come to see the amazing Taj Mahal which is truly one of the wonders of the world.
5. The same is true if you are a history buff. Here you will find palaces, forts, temples and great monuments, some are still kept up and restored whereas others are in ruins.
6. Many peoples come here to experience the spirituality of this country. Rishikesh, for example is a great place to visit and it also offers a center for meditation and yoga which is very well known. If you want to get away from it all, India is our place. Here you can find peace of mind.
7. While some visitors come to India to experience their health care system – often cheaper than what they would pay at home, so people come here for operations or to have dental treatment, for example. On the other hand India’s age old natural health care is Ayurveda which uses different herbs and spices to treat ailments. You can book an Ayurveda tour and visit Kerala which it’s scenic beauty.
8. India is rich in arts and crafts which are very unique. You can also see tribal and traditional art, weaving with handlooms and other captivating items. India is truly a shopping paradise so be prepared!
Travel agencies and tour operators offer all sorts of tour packages and you will find one that is just right for you. If you come to India, you will not regret it and you will return home with memories that will last forever.